With a view to contain the spread of COVID-19, the District Magistrate of North Goa has imposed ban / restrictions on certain activities in the District under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, with immediate effect and in supersession of earlier Order No. 8/8/2020-MAG/L&O/(VOL-I)/5466 dated 06th August, 2020.
The ban / restrictions have been imposed on the following –
1. Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institution for students and regular class activity;
2. Swimming pools;
3. Cinema halls, theatres (excluding open air theatres), multiplexes;
4. Open air theatres have been banned till 20th September, 2020;
5. Social / political / sports / entertainment / academic / cultural / religious functions and other large congregations are restricted till 20th September, 2020. Ban on such functions and gatherings with a ceiling of 100 persons will continue after 20th September, 2020;
6. Marriage related gatherings with number of guests not exceeding 50 till 20th September, 2020. In addition to this, ban on such functions having more than 100 persons will continue after 20th September, 2020;
7. Funeral / last rites related gatherings with number of persons not exceeding 20 till 20th September, 2020. Further, ban on such gatherings with a ceiling of 100 persons will continue after 20th September, 2020;
8. Entertainment parks;
9. River Cruises;
Note – Any person violating these instructions will be punished under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
Source: District Magistrate North Goa District