In a Circular dated 23rd June, 2020, the Goa State Pollution Control Board (“GSPCB”) has informed that for all the units, irrespective of the categories, the consent applications will processed with internal reports (without carrying out inspections) wherever applicable and consents will be granted with certain conditions (as the case may be) in the following manner:
1. Units that have applied for fresh Consent to Operate:
For units that have applied for fresh Consent to Operate, the consent may be granted for a period of 6 months with a condition to inform the Board on resumption of the operation and / or apply for renewal on expiry of the Consent validity/consider site inspection on resumption of normal situation.
2. Units that have applied for Renewal of the Consent to Operate and have no complaints/ Court matter/ non-compliance history:
i. The consent for full eligible validity with a condition to inform the Board on resumption of the operation and on issue of the Consent the file is to be forwarded for carrying out performance study of the STP and / or emission monitoring and/ or noise level monitoring wherever applicable.
ii. In case the unit is having complaints/ Court matter/ non-compliance history, etc., then the Consent will be granted for 6 months validity with a condition to Inform the Board on resumption of the operation and / or apply for renewal on expiry of the Consent validity.
3. Applications for fresh CTO from green category industries:
i. Applications received for fresh Consent to Operate from the unit of small green category industries like guest house having rooms upto 10 nos. may be granted Consent for full validity.
ii. The application received for obtaining authorization under the various rules may be processed and granted with full validity.
4. For Consent to Establish applications for temporary structures:
In case of Consent to Establish applications for temporary structures like shacks and cottages, restaurants and guest houses having rooms upto 10 nos. and where the units are in Industrial Estate, the applications will be processed with internal reports and the Consent may be granted.
5. For all other CTE applications the site will be inspected.
6. The complaints received under various matters are to be inspected provided that it falls under the purview of the Board, with intimation to the complainant to remain present and accompany the inspection team for the said inspection. In view of the vague and incomplete complaints or complaint not related the Board, the same may be forwarded to the concerned departments / authorities, etc. with an intimation to the complainant.
In light of the situation caused due to the pandemic COVID-19, most of the industries/ units in the State are temporarily not in operation. Some of these have applied for consents to establish/operate. However, the applications are on hold as the inspection could not be conducted . As a result of this, the applications are getting piled up resulting in backlogs.
Further, the on-site inspection of the operational industries are not recommended in view of the current situation caused due to the pandemic COVID-19.
Therefore the present Order has been issued.