In continuation to Mission Begin Again Order dated 30th September, 2020 the Department of Revenue and Forest, Disaster Management, Relief and Rehabilitation, Government of Maharashtra (“Department”), has issued another Order dated 14th October, 2020 to permit the following activities in the State after careful consideration of planning of Containment areas and availability of health infrastructure, for strict implementation:
1. Business to Business (“B2B”) Exhibitions:
• B2B exhibitions permitted to open, in areas outside the Containment Zones since 15th October, 2020;
• The SOP for the same will be issued by the Industries Department. The Industries Department will take into consideration the SOP issued by the Department of Commerce, Government of India.
• With an objective to control / reduce crowding, the markets / shops have been permitted to open for 2 additional hours and can function from 9 am to 9 pm in areas outside the Containment Zones since 15th October, 2020;
3. Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions:
• Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will continue to remain closed for students and regular class activity up to 31st October, 2020. However, Online / distance learning will continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged;
• Please note that permission has been granted for upto 50% of teaching and non-teaching staff to be called to the schools at a time for online teaching / tele-counselling and related works, in areas outside the Containment Zones; with effect since 15th October, 2020;
• The SOP regarding health and safety precautions for the same will be issued by the School Education Department. The School Education Department will take into consideration the SOP issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education, Government of India.
4. Metro Rail:
• Metro Rail has been allowed to operate with effect since 15th October, 2020 in a graded manner;
• The SOP for the same will be issued by the Urban Development Department. The Urban Development Department will take into consideration the SOP issued by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5. Marriage, other personal family functions:
• Marriage and other personal family functions and related gatherings with number of guests not exceeding 50 and funeral / last rites related gatherings with number of persons not exceeding 20 will continue to be allowed;
6. Gardens, Parks and public open spaces:
• Gardens, Parks and public open spaces for recreational purposes will continue to remain open.
7. Local weekly bazaars (including that of the animals):
• Local weekly bazaars (including that of the animals) permitted to open, in areas outside the Containment Zones since 15th October, 2020.
• The SOP for the same will be issued by the concerned Rural / Urban Local Bodies and all the protocols of the COVID-19 shall be followed;
8. International Air travel of passengers prohibited, except as permitted by Ministry of Home Affairs
9.The domestic passengers arriving at different Airports shall be checked for COVID symptoms. Stamping with indelible ink shall be immediately discontinued;
10. The health check-up and stamping of the passengers at the railway stations arriving by trains in the State of Maharashtra will be discontinued. However, these passengers should follow all the COVID-19 protocols of social distancing and sanitation;
11. Any other allowed and permitted activity by any specific/ general order would continue to operate.
National Directives for COVID-19 Management
1. Face coverings- wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during transport;
2. Social distancing- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2 Gaz Ki doori) in public places;
3. Shops have to ensure physical distancing among customers and will not allow more than five persons at one time;
4. Gatherings- large public gatherings / congregations continue to remain prohibited. Marriage related Gatherings — Number of guests not to exceed 50. Funeral / last rites related Gatherings — Number of persons not to exceed 20;
5. Spitting in public places will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the concerned authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations;
6. Consumption of liquor, Paan, gutka, tobacco, etc in public places is prohibited.
Additional directives for work places:
1.Work from Home (WFH)- as far as possible the practice of WFH should be followed. Staggering of work / business hours will be followed in offices, workplaces, shops. markets and industrial & commercial establishments.
2. Screening and Hygiene- provision for thermal screening, hand wash and sanitizer will be made available at all entry and exit points and common areas.
3. Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities and all points which come into human contact e.g. door handles etc. will be ensured, including between shifts.
4. Social Distancing- All persons in charge of workplaces will ensure adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff etc.
1. Easing of restrictions and opening up of the activities which remain prohibited across the State will be done in phased manner along-with Standard Operating Procedures / Guidelines.
2. Violation of the lockdown measures will attract penalties under the provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and Indian Penal Code (detailed in Annexure III of the present Order).
The Maharashtra Government, in its Order dated 30th September, 2020 has extend the lockdown measures up to 31st October, 2020 and issued revised consolidated guidelines from time to time vide above mentioned orders to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Now, that the State Government is of the view to re-open certain activities in areas outside the Containment Zones, the present Order has been issued to permit the re-opening of more activities in the State in consonance with its earlier Order dated 30th September, 2020.
Source: Department of Revenue and Forest, Disaster Management, Relief and Rehabilitation, Government of Maharashtra