In a Notification dated 6th July, 2017, the Department of Labour and Employment, Himachal Pradesh (“Department”) has informed about the development of asoftware to computerize the process of obtaining registration and renewal of license under the following labour laws:
- Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act
- The Shops and Establishments Act
- The Building and Other Construction Workers Act
- The Inter State Migrant Workmen (RE & CS) Act.
This step has been taken to make applications of registration and renewal online under the abovementioned labour laws w.e.f. 10th July, 2017.
The online submission will replace the manual submission process in order to cut down on the considerable wastage of time and paper and aims to introduce a fair, transparent and timely processing of various approvals.
The salient features of the new software are:
- Offers an automated and transparent interface by streamlining the functioning of the whole process and at same time to ensure legal compliances.
- Online payment of registration and renewal fee through Net Banking thus doing away the visit of applicant to Bank, Treasury and officers of department for verification for challans.
- Reduces the time for registration process.
- Online interface for uploading of documents and have online correspondence/message with the department.
- Facilitates department and entrepreneurs to ascertain the status of application submitted and action being taken at every stage of process.
The software can be accessed on http:/labour.hp.go.in/.
For any further clarification or guidance all stakeholders are directed to contact Labour Officers in their respective jurisdictions.