The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (“NPPA”) has revised the ceiling prices (exclusive of goods and services tax applicable, if any) of Providone Iodine by an Order dated 21st December, 2018.
|SL No.||Name of the Scheduled Formation||Dosage form and strength||Unit||Ceiling Price
|Review Order Number Date||Existing Number SO date|
|1.||Povidone Iodine||Solution 10%||1 ml||0.87||31015/24/2018- Pricing dated 08.10.2018 1461(E) dated 02.04.2018 (at Sl. No. 662)||1461(E) dated 02.04.2018 (at Sl. No. 662)|
- All manufacturers of scheduled formulations, selling the branded or generic or both the versions of scheduled formulations at a price higher than the ceiling price (plus goods and services tax as applicable) so fixed and notified by the Government, must revise the prices of all such formulations downward not exceeding the ceiling price specified in column (5) in the above table plus goods and services tax as applicable, if any.
- All the existing manufacturers of above mentioned scheduled formulations having MRP lower than the ceiling price specified in column (5) in the above table plus goods and services tax as applicable, if any, must continue to maintain the existing MRP in accordance with paragraph 13 (2) of the DPCO, 2013.
- The manufacturers may add goods and services tax only if they have paid actually or if it is payable to the Government on the ceiling price mentioned in column (5) of the above said table.
- The ceiling price for a pack of the scheduled formulation must be arrived at by the concerned manufacturer in accordance with the ceiling price specified in column (5) of the above table as per provisions contained in paragraph 11 of the Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 2013. The manufacturer must issue a price list in Form–V from date of Notification as per paragraph 24 of the DPCO, 2013 to NPPA through IPDMS and submit a copy to State Drug Controller and dealers.
- As per para 24(4) of DPCO 2013, every retailer and dealer must display price list and the supplementary price list, if any, as furnished by the manufacturer, on a conspicuous part of the premises where he carries on business in a manner so as to be easily accessible to any person wishing to consult the same. Sl. No. Name of the Scheduled Formulation Dosage form & Strength Unit Ceiling Price (Rs.) Review Order number and date Existing SO number and date (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) 1. Povidone Iodine Solution 10% 1 ml 0.87 31015/24/2018- Pricing dated 08.10.2018 1461(E) dated 02.04.2018 (at Sl. No. 662)
- Where an existing manufacturer of scheduled formulation with dosage or strength or both as specified in the above table launches a new drug as per paragraph 2 (u) of the DPCO, 2013 such existing manufacturer must apply for prior price approval of such new drug to the NPPA in Form I as specified under Schedule-II of the DPCO, 2013.
- The manufacturers of above said scheduled formulations must furnish quarterly return to the NPPA, in respect of production / import and sale of scheduled formulations in Form-III of Schedule-II of the DPCO, 2013 through IPDMS. Any manufacturer intending to discontinue production of above said scheduled formulation must furnish information to the NPPA, in respect of discontinuation of production and / or import of scheduled formulation in Form-IV of Schedule-II of the DPCO, 2013 at least six months prior to the intended date of discontinuation.
- The manufacturers not complying with the ceiling price and notes specified hereinabove must be liable to deposit the overcharged amount along with interest thereon under the provisions of the Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 2013 read with Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- Consequent to the issue of ceiling prices of such formulations as specified in column (2) of the above table in this notification, the price order(s) fixing ceiling or retail price, if any, issued prior to the above said date of notification, stand(s) superseded.
Source: National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority