In a recent office memorandum dated 18th August, 2017, the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (“NPPA”) has issued certain directions in context of its recent gazette notification dated 16th August, 2017 which had earlier notified the ceiling prices of orthopaedic knee implant system available in India.
- All manufactures/importers are legally obliged to maintain smooth production and supply of Orthopedic knee Implant system of all brands which were available in the country before price cap. The companies manufacturing orthopedic knee implant system in India are directed to maintain the production/import/supply of such system.
- The hospitals, doctors and patients are requested to inform NPPA to inform NPPA in case of any shortage of the Orthopedic knee Implant system by any one of the following means:
- Call NPPA’s toll free helpline number 1800111255;
- Lodge a complaint through grievance redressal system “PHARMA JAN SAMADHAN” by visiting the website of NPPA at www.nppaindia.nic.in;
- Message the complaint through WhatsApp on mobile number 9868732782;
- Send an email to email@example.com.
Source: National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority.