The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (“NPPA”) envisages a fully automated Eco System for timely attending to, disposing of and monitoring of applications filed under various provisions of the Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 2013 (“DPCO, 2013”) to promote the Ease of Doing Business for ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’. While the same is under process, the NPPA has, through a Memorandum dated 26th August 2020, decided to switch to an online time-bound system for addressing applications received under various provisions of DPCO, 2013 from Pharmaceutical Companies. Accordingly, following procedure has been established and adopted:
- The applicant companies can now submit Form-I i.e. application for the pricing of New Drug with all requisite documents on email ID: email@example.com.
- The same procedure of submission of Form-II, Form-III and Form-V shall remain same and Pharmaceutical companies shall submit these Forms on Integrated Pharmaceutical Database Management System (IPDMS) within the prescribed time lines.
- The applicant companies can now submit Form-IV i.e. application for the discontinuation of the production of scheduled formulation with all requisite documents on email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applications for Special price for packaging under DPCO, 2013 can now be submitted on email ID: email@example.com
- The Uniform Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices which is a voluntary code of marketing practices for Indian Pharmaceutical Industry needs to be effectively implemented by the Pharma associations and companies.
- Furthermore, a helpdesk for dealing with the problems of applicants while submitting their applications has been set up. Applicants facing any documentary or technical issue in submitting their applications can email or contact helpdesk between 10 AM to 6 PM (excluding holidays).