The Department of Home Affairs & Justice, Punjab has, in a Circular dated 31st July, 2020, issued Guidelines for the phased reopening (Unlock 3) to be implemented in the State from 1st August, 2020 to 31st August, 2020.
1. The following activities shall not be permitted outside the Containment Zones –
(i) Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will remain closed till 31st August, 2020. On-line/distance learning will continue to be permitted and be encouraged
(ii) International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by Ministry of Home Affairs
(iii) Metro rail
(iv) Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
(v) Social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and other large congregations.
2. Only essential activities shall be permitted in the Containment Zones
3. Movement of individuals for all the non-essential activities shall remain prohibited between 11.00 pm to 5.00 am throughout the State.
However, essential activities including operation of multiple shifts, movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways and unloading of cargo and travel of person; to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and aeroplanes will be permitted.
4. The persons above 65 years of age, persons with cc-morbidity, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years have been advised to stay at home except for essential requirements and for health purposes.
5. The following social activities may be permitted:
(i) Marriage related gatherings — Number of guests must not exceed 30
(ii) Funeral/last rites — Number of persons must not exceed 20
6. Spitting in public places is completely prohibited and punishable with fine.
7. Consumption of liquor, pan, gutka, tobacco etc. in public places is prohibited. However, there will be no restriction or their sale.
8. Places of worship/religious places shall remain open only between 5 am to 8 pm.
9. Restaurants are allowed to remain open till 10pm with 50% occupancy or 50 guests, whichever is less. Liquor can be served provided the restaurant has a valid permission from the Excise Department. However, bars shall remain closed.
10. On Sundays, shops (other than those dealing it essential commodities) and shopping malls shall remain closed.
11. Industries & industrial establishments, construction activities etc. allowed.
12. Social distancing i.e. minimum 6 feet distance (do gaz ki duri) for all the activities have to be maintained.
13. Wearing of masks by all persons in public places, including work places etc. will be mandatory and must be strictly observed and enforced.
14. Employers are advised to ensure that Arogaya Setu is installed by all the employees having compatible mobile phones.
Source: Department of Home Affairs & Justice, Punjab