Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) has issued a Notification No. 24/2015-20 , Public Notice 27/2015-20 and Trade Notice No. 23/2018-19 dated 8th August, 2018 to notify the amended policy and procedure for filling the online application for Importer Exporter Code (IEC) and modification of IEC/e-IEC.
Key amendments made in the procedure are:
- The applicants are no longer required to submit copy of PAN as mandatory documents for making application of IEC
- The online application for IEC will require only address proof and cancelled cheque bearing the entity’s pre-printed name or bank certificate to be submitted electronically w.e.f 9th August, 2018
- Digital Signature shall no longer be required for making applications for IEC or for any amendments to be made in existing IEC w.e.f 9th August, 2018
- On submission of the complete applications with fees and requisite documents, IEC will be auto-generated
- The intimation regarding the allotment of IEC will be sent to the applicant through SMS or email, with hyperlink to download the e-IEC
- The applicants shall be liable for penal/ criminal actions in case of furnishing any wrong/incomplete information’s and IEC may be suspended or cancelled in such cases
- The IEC holder is required to update his profile immediately after issuances of IEC or as and when the changes takes place or in case at least once in a year
- The guidelines on the online application forms for issue/ modification in IEC number along with list of documents for seeking modification in e-IEC has been prescribed
- The Para 2.05 of the Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20 and Para 2.08 of the Handbook of Procedures 2015-20 has been accordingly amended to give effect to the aforesaid.