The District Magistrate of East Khasi Hills in Meghalaya has issued an Order to prohibit the following activities upto 21st September, 2020 for timings falling between 05:00 am to 09:00 pm on a daily basis in all of East Khasi Hills District including Shillong Urban Agglomeration and Civil Sub-Divisions of Sohra / Pynursla and C&RD Blocks:
1. Any assembly or gathering without due permission;
2. Operation of unregulated major markets (iew heh/ iew die lang) and unregulated shopping complexes;
3. Border Haats and markets located in the inter-State borders;
4. Operation of all cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditorium, assembly halls and similar recreational places;
5. All forms of contact sports, competitive sports events and spectators in Sports grounds and stadia;
Note: Permission for training etc as per SOPs of Sports and Youth Affairs Department may be granted after due application to this office and satisfaction of all conditions;
6. Operation of Educational Institutions, training centres and coaching classes (tuitions) barring online / distance learning;
7. Opening of religious places / places of worship of all faiths including religious gatherings and congregation;
8. Marriage Rituals in places of worship as per Government Guidelines is permitted only after obtaining prior permission from this Office.
9. All forms of large public gathering and congregation including social, political, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions, etc., without permission from this Office.
10. Moving in public, work places and during transport without a Mask;
11. Spitting in public places;
12. Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco, etc in public places;
13. Incoming additional workforce from outside the State EXCEPT for skilled highly, skilled, specialized professionals & technicians as regulated by instructions of Political Department, Government of Meghalaya vide various Letters and SOP which are annexed with the present Order.
1. Employers for all forms of activities including shops, services, establishments, agricultural, industrial, etc must ensure that Aarogya Setu Application and Behavioural Change management App is installed and utilized by all their employees, without fail, with due monitoring;
2. Operation of permitted shops, services, establishments, agricultural, industrial and commercial activities must strictly adhere to the prescribed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and National Directives of Government for COVID-19 Management in Public Places and Work Places including mandatory compliance to the Advisories of Health and Family Welfare Department, without fail;
3. Every individual must maintain social distancing of at least six feet, wear masks and follow respiratory etiquette along with other protocols and advisories of the Government in the Health and Welfare Department, at all times;
4. In addition to the prohibitions listed above, the public shall strictly comply, without fail with the measures mandated for Containment Areas (List of Containment Areas with restricted exemptions are provided in Annexure-D);
5. Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet / 2 metres in public places;
6. Funeral / Last rites related gatherings are permitted, subject to the number of guest not exceeding 20 (twenty);
7. Wedding ceremonies will be allowed in religious places/places of worship and the number of guest shall not exceed one-third of the seating capacity or 50 (fifty) guests, whichever is less inclusive of the host and the Authority/s presiding over the wedding. However wedding receptions are suspended, till further orders;
8. Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years in public places are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes;
9. 50 % of private and public transport will operate in East Khasi Hills District as per the following Orders:
i. Order No.C&S.7/2020/Vol.VII/78, Dated 2nd June, 2020. (Odd – Even arrangements Annexure-F).
ii. Order No.C&S.7/2020/Vol.VII/91 Dated 3rd June, 2020. (seating capacity at Annexure-G)
iii. Order No.C&S.7/2020/Vol.VII/205, Dated 4th June, 2020. (Exemption from odd- even arrangements at Annexure-H).
10. Movement of vehicles and other traffic arrangements will be prepared and regulated by the office of the Superintendent of Police, East Khasi Hills District, Shillong. Inter-District movement of persons is permitted;
11. Inter-State movement of persons will be strictly as per notifications by the Government of Meghalaya from time to time.
Note: Passes for all forms of all inter-State movement to and from East Khasi Hills district shall only be issued by the District Magistrate.