State Goods and Services Tax Department – Government of Kerala has issued Kerala Flood Cess (KFC) Return Manual to prescribe the procedure for filing of Kerala Flood Cess return and making payment of Kerala Flood Cess.
Key points for KFC Return Manual are:
- Every taxpayers who shall be filing KFC return and making payment of KFC are required to get themselves registered in the website of Kerala State GST Department “www.keralataxes.gov.in”.
- The taxpayers are required to visit the website of the Department www.keralataxes.gov.in for filing of return and follow the following procedure:
- After visiting the website, “File Kerala Flood Cess Return” portal is available. Click on the same and a window will be generated in the new tab.
- The taxpayer shall enter their GSTIN as ‘User Name’. The password will be the one created by the tax payer at the time of registration.
- The taxpayer shall enter Username, password and Captcha and then click “Login”.
- After clicking on login, a new window will be displayed.
- Taxpayer shall click “File Return “ following which “prepare Online” option will be displayed.
- Taxpayer shall click on “Prepare Online” link shown against the corresponding month and a window will popup.
- Taxpayer shall click “OK” for filing nil return and tax payers having B2B/B2C transactions attracting Flood Cess during the month shall click on “Cancel”.
- In case Taxpayer clicks OK then a declaration pops up stating that it has not made any B2B/B2C supplies attracting KFC for the period of August,2019.
- In case Taxpayer clicks Cancel then return filing window will displayed where the tax payers are required to enter the particulars of taxable supplies in the respective columns and Kerala Flood Cess payable will be auto generated in the last columns.
- After entering data in the window displayed , Click “Save” and then “Proceed to Payment”.
- Verify the amount and click “Pay “ for effecting payment. Any corrections /editing can be done before effecting payment by coming back to the return filing window.
- When clicking the tab “Pay ’ the payment window will be displayed.
- Select mode of payment and give required details for each payment mode and then proceed for payment. A GRN will be generated.
- CIick “OK” which will lead to the payment window of the corresponding bank or other modes of payment.
- After the completion of payment proceeding, a new window will be displayed.
- The tax payer can download the Filed Return by clicking the “Download Filed Return” link.
For further details please refer the attached registration manual.