The Health Medical and Family Welfare Department, Telangana has fixed the ceiling on rates chargeable by Private Hospitals and Private Laboratories for testing and treatment services to COVID-19 patients.
Package per day
1. Charges for Routine ward + Isolation – Rs. 4,000.
2. Charges for ICU without ventilator + Isolation – Rs. 7,500
3. Charges for ICU with ventilator + Isolation – Rs. 9,000
This includes Monitoring and Investigations like CBC, Urine routine, HIV spot, Anti HCV, Hbs Ag, Serum Creatinine, USG, 2D ECHO, X-Ray, ECG, Drugs, Consultations, Bed Charges, meals. Procedures like Rylestube insertion, urinary tract catheterization.
2.Interventional procedures like, but not limited to, Central line insertion, Chemoport insertion, bronchoscopic procedures, biopsies, ascitic / pleural tapping, etc, which may be charges at a rack rate as on 31st Dec 2019.
3.COVID-19 testing – to be done as per actual cost as fixed by the state Government i.e., Rs.2,200.
4.High end investigations like CT-SCAN, MRI, PET scan or any lab investigation not included in the previous column – to be charged at rack rates of hospital as on 31stDecember 2019.
Guidelines for Private Hospitals and Laboratories –
- The rates that are fixed must be displayed by private hospitals at prominent places in their premises.
- All private hospitals must follow Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India pertaining to Asymptomatic and mild symptom cases requiring home isolation.
- Private laboratories must test strictly following the testing protocols issued by the ICMR as updated from time to time.The Maximum Rates Chargeable for RT-PCR TEST are fixed at –
i. Samples which are collected at the Labs/Hospitals – Rs. 2,200
ii. Samples which are collected from home – Rs. 2,800
- All private health care providers must enter the real time data on the digital platform developed by the Government of Telangana @ www.chfw.telangana.gov.in.
- Permission must be obtained from Director Public Health for permission to treat COVID-19 patients.
- As and when a positive case is detected, case detail have to be immediately entered into the portal by the private laboratories.
- All private health care providers shall strictly follow the guidelines issued by ICMR on testing and clinical management & discharge guidelines issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, GoI as updated from time to time.
Source: Health Medical and Family Welfare Department, Telangana