Principal Secretary & Commissioner of State Goods and Service Tax Department – Government of Kerala has issued Circular no 8/2018 dated 21st April,2018 to provide guidelines for revisions of Kerala VAT (KVAT) Returns for back years.
The Key points of the Circular are
- Dealers who have filed audited statement of accounts and certificates under Kerala Value Added Tax, 2003 will be allowed to revise the returns for the period up to June, 2017, in respect of defects of a technical or clerical nature, having no effect on the sales turnover already conceded or the tax paid.
- Such dealers may apply for revision of their returns before the assessing authority on or before 30th June, 2018.
- Dealer shall specify the grounds for revision and the corrections/modifications intended to be brought about by way of such revision, in detail. Dealer shall specifically mention the mistakes and corrections in the application.
- Dealer shall file hard copy of the old return submitted previously, which is now intended to be corrected.
- After the application is examined and allowed by the authorities, after doing corrections, the Dealer shall submit the hard copy of the corrected Return then and there.
- This facility shall not be available to dealers against whom assessment proceedings have already been initiated based on such defects.
- Such revision shall be allowed on the basis of the instructions issued by the Commissioner from time to time.