The Government of Haryana through a Gazette Notification dated 20th June, 2020 has amended the Factories Act, 1948 with applicability with the State of Haryana.
This Act will be called the Factories (Haryana Amendment) Act, 2018 and the amendments are made to the following provisions –
• Applicability: Factories using power and employing 20 workers (increased from 10) and factories not using power and employing 40 workers (against 20) will be covered under the Act.
• Over time: Further the total overtime a worker can work in a quarter has been increased to 115 hours from the earlier 75 hours.
• Women working at night: A factory which provides adequate safety and security measures or safeguards, can apply for exemption and can allow women to work between 7 PM to 6 AM.
• Compounding of Offence: Offences committed for the first time and punishable with fine only, may be compounded.
• A new Forth Schedule relating to List of Compoundable Offences has also been added.
Source : Government of Haryana