The Government of Maharashtra, in an Order dated 29th June, 2020, has further extended the lockdown in the entire State till 31st July, 2020. By exercising its powers under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and Disaster Management Act, 2005, the lockdown has been extended along with introduction of “Mission Begin Again” for easing of restrictions and phase wise opening till 31st July, 2020 for containment of COVID-19 epidemic in the State.
Under this order, movement of persons for the purpose of non-essential activities like shopping and outdoor exercises will be restricted within the neighbourhood limits with mandatory precautions like wearing of masks, social distancing and personal hygiene. In addition to this, unrestricted movement is permitted only for attending place of work which are open (as mentioned in this order) and bonafide humanitarian requirement including medical reason. Further, the National Directives of COVID-19 Management (Annexure I) will have to be followed in the State of Maharashtra.
Activities permitted in the State are as follows –
• In Municipal Corporations of MMR Region including MCGM, Municipal Corporations of Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad, Malegaon, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Akola, Amravati and Nagpur following activities are permitted with restrictions as specified in the Orders issued from time to time:-
1. All essential shops will are allowed before this order will continue to do so.
2. All non-essential shops will be allowed to continue as per relaxations and guidelines issued earlier. Such non-essential markets, market areas and shops excluding malls and market complexes will remain open from 9 AM to 5 PM. Liquor shops will continue to operate if permitted, home-delivery or otherwise.
3. E-commerce activity for essential as well as non-essential items & material.
4. All the industrial units which are presently open will continue to operate.
5. All construction sites (Public/Private) which are allowed to remain open and operational. All such pre-monsoon works (Public and Private) which are allowed.
6. Home delivery restaurants / Kitchen.
7. On-line/ distance learning and related activities.
8. All Government offices excluding Emergency, health & Medical, treasuries, disaster management, police, NIC, food & Civil Supply, FCI, N.Y.K., Municipal Services to function with 15% strength or 15 persons whichever is higher.
9. All private offices can operate up to 10% strength or 10 people, whichever is more.
10. Movement of people is allowed by taxi/cab/aggregator, rickshaw and four wheeler in one essential with two persons manner. For two wheelers only rider is allowed, pillion is not allowed.
11. Activities related to self-employed people like plumbers, electricians, pest-control and technicians.
12. Garages to mend vehicles and workshops with prior appointments.
13. Long distance travel for non-essential items is not permitted. The inter-district movement of persons within the area of Mumbai Metropolitan Region is allowed for essential activities and office purposes.
14. Marriage related gatherings in open spaces, lawns, non air conditioned halls as mentioned in previous order.
15. Outdoor Physical Activities with restrictions.
16. Printing and Distribution of newspapers (including home delivery).
17. The offices/staff of Educational institutions (Universities/ Colleges/ Schools) for the purpose of non-teaching purposes including development of e-content, evaluation of answer sheets and declaration of results.
18. Barber Shops, Spas, Saloons, Beauty Parlors with conditions as permitted by State Government.
• In the rest of State except the areas covered in above A, all activities, which are not explicitly prohibited or banned, shall continue to be permitted, with restrictions as specified in the Orders issued from time to time:-
1. All public and private transport will follow 1+2 passenger layout for four and three wheelers. For 2 wheelers only rider is allowed, pillion not allowed.
2. Inter-district movement will continue to be regulated and intra-district bus service will be allowed with maximum 50% capacity per bus with physical distancing and sanitation measures.
3. All non-essential markets/shops will remain open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Marriage related gatherings in open spaces, lawns, non air conditioned halls as mentioned in previous order.
5. Outdoor Physical Activities with restrictions.
6. Printing and Distribution of newspapers (including home delivery).
7. The offices/staff of Educational institutions (Universities/ Colleges/ Schools) for the purpose of non-teaching purposes including development of e-content, evaluation of answer sheets and declaration of results.
8. Barber Shops, Spas, Saloons, Beauty Parlors with conditions as permitted by State Government.
Any person violating these above mentioned measures will be liable to be punished as per provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 besides legal action under Indian Penal Code, 1860 and other legal provisions (Annexure III).
Source : Government of Maharashtra