The Chief Minister of Punjab has announced extension of the night curfew from 9 pm till 5 am in all cities of Punjab with a view to curb the spread of COVID-19 infection in the coming weeks. Few additional measures have also been prescribed for implementation along with night curfew.
Additional Measures –
- The night curfew will be applicable to all cities. However, industries have been exempted from the night curfew;
- Every Office, restaurant and marriage place, wherein more than 10 people gather will appoint one Covid Monitor to ensure full compliance of masks, sanitization and social distancing. Special teams will inspect these places and violators will be penalised;
- Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) will be observed as ‘Stay at Home’ to avoid unnecessary movement and socialising in cities of Ludhiana, Patiala and Jalandhar. Only essential services related movement has been permitted;
- People have been requested to get themselves tested and report to hospitals within 72 hours if they feel sick;
- Masks have been mandated for everyone, both indoors and outdoors, to curb the spread of infection.