The Punjab Pollution Control Board has in a recent Office Order dated 10th May, 2019 laid down the documentation required for submission of application for obtaining passbook under rule 6 of the Hazardous and Other Waste (Management & Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016 (“Rules”). Rule 6 deals with grant of authorisation for managing hazardous and other wastes and the passbook is required for maintaining records of such hazardous and other wastes. The passbook needs to be obtained from the State Pollution Control Board along with the authorisation.
Following are the documents required for submission of application for obtaining passbook under the Rules:
- Application Form — 1 as per the Rules (Annexure A of the hyperlinked document)
- Compliance of Consent to operate granted under the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 in an annotated form.
- Compliance of Consent to operate granted under the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 in an annotated form.
- Compliance of Consent to operate granted under the Rules in an annotated form.
- Compliance of Standard Operating Procedures framed by Central Pollution Control Board for such type of units in an annotated form.
- Certificate of installed capacity as per registration issued by the District Industries Centre or any other authorised Government agency.
- Process description including process flow sheet indicating equipment details, inputs and outputs (input wastes, chemicals, products, by-products, waste generated, emissions, waste water, etc.)
- Details of pollution control systems such as Effluent Treatment Plant, scrubbers, etc. (including mode of disposal of waste)
- Details of occupational health and safety measures.
- Application processing fee as applicable in the shape of Demand Draft in favour of Member Secretary, Punjab Pollution Control Board, Payable at Patiala.
All the document needs to be duly signed by the applicant and in triplicate. The applications received will be scrutinized by the concerned branch and if there are any incompletions, it will be conveyed to the applicant within 3 days.
Source: Punjab Pollution Control Board