The Labour Department, Rajasthan Government in a notification dated 9th May, 2020 has issued exemptions with certain conditions pertaining to employees under the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, 1958 (“Act”) including weekly paid vacation one day in a week on chance by chance basis.
The State Government exercising its powers under the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, 1958 has provided certain exceptions for a period of 3 years subject to the following conditions –
| Every employee who has worked for a period of 240 days or more in an establishment during a calendar year shall be allowed, during the subsequent calendar year, leave with wages for a number of days calculated at the rate of,-
(i) in an adult, one day for every twelve days of work performed by him during the previous calendar year;
(ii) if a child, one day for every fifteen days of work performed by him during the previous calendar year.
|All the employees employed by the employer will be given weekly paid vacation one day in a week on chance by chance basis.
|No employee in any establishment shall be required or allowed to work for more than nine hours in any day and forty-eight hours in any week||The hours of work of the employee will be 9 hours a day and 48 hours a week. If a work takes more than prescribed time period then its record will be maintained separately.
- Every employee employed will be paid wages as per the provisions of the Act.
- All employed employees will be given employment letter by the employer and a copy will be sent to the inspector of the area and its receipt will be kept in the receipt record.
- These exemptions are only for the Shops and Commercial Establishments, employees will continue to receive the benefits payable under all sections of the Act.
- These exemptions will be subject to the above conditions being followed by the employer and orders issued by the State Government from time to time in this regard.
- Any violation to the above granted exemption conditions by the Shops and Commercial Establishment will be deemed to be automatically terminated and the employer will be consequently be responsible for legal proceedings under the provisions of the said Act and other laws.
Source : Labour Department, Government of Rajasthan