In a recent Press Release dated 24th June, 2019, the Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”), has informed about the launch of its Complaint Management System (“CMS”) i.e. an online portal to lodge complaints.
The system is for members of the public and customers to lodge on-line complaints against any of the entities regulated by RBI.
The features provided by the on-line complaint mechanism are –
- acknowledgement through SMS/Email notification(s)
- status tracking through unique registration number
- receipt of closure advises and filing of Appeals, where applicable
- voluntary feedback on the customer’s experience
- self-help material to guide users
- tracking progress of redressal by RBI officials
- digitization of complaints received in the offices of Banking Ombudsman (BO) and Consumer Education and Protection Cells (CEPCs) of RBI
Source: Reserve Bank of India