The District Magistrate, Karaikal, Government of Puducherry on 22nd June, 2020 has issued stricter measures in the District to curb the fast spread of the covid-19 virus caused by the relaxations of lockdown.
The following measures will be effective from 23rd June, 2020 –
1. All shops, establishments (including liquor shops, petrol pumps) will function from 6.00 am to 2.00 pm only.
2. Milk Booths to operate from 6.00am to 6.00 pm.
3. The medical shops / pharmacy are permitted to be open without any restriction.
4. Dining in Restaurants are permitted upto 2.00 pm. Restaurants are permitted to operate upto 8.00 pm for take away only.
5. The beach in Karaikal is closed for 10 days with effect from 23-06-2020
6. Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
The above restrictions are not applicable to Industrial/Agricultural / Fishing activities, Government Offices and Hospitals.
Violation of the above instructions will be punishable under Sections 51 to 60 of Disaster Management Act, 2005, Epidemic Act, 1897 and Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.