The Government of West Bengal has issued guidelines to extend the lockdown in Containment Zones in the State upto 31st August, 2020, with a view to contain the spread of COVID-19 infection.
The restrictions and interventions in Containment Zones notified through earlier Orders dated 07th July, 2020 and 14th July, 2020 shall remain in force till 31st August, 2020
Some points to note
• The following activities will continue to remain closed / prohibited throughout the State till the end of the lockdown period –
a. Schools, ICDS centres, colleges, educational / training / coaching institutions etc.;
b. Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums and assembly halls;
c. Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large gatherings.
• In addition to the activities permitted, yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to function outside Containment Zones from 5th August, 2020.
• State-wide complete lockdown to be observed on Wednesday 5th August; Saturday 8th August; Sunday 16th August; Monday 17th August; Sunday 23rd August; Saturday 29th August and Monday 31st August.
• During the above-mentioned period of complete lockdown, all private offices, commercial establishments, government offices, public and private transport including train and flights will be completely closed.
• Exemptions to the complete lockdown:
a. Continuous process industries and industries with in-house workers;
b. E-commerce, Capital and debt market services as notified by RBI;
c. Print, electronic media and social media;
d. Home delivery of cooked food;
e. Intra-State and inter-State movement of goods;
f. Health Services including movement of health personnel / patients by public and private transport;
g. Medicine shops and pharmacies;
h. Law and order, courts, correctional services, fire and emergency services;
i. Electricity, water and conservancy services;
j. Agriculture operations, tea garden operations in field;
• Norms of physical distancing, wearing of masks, health and hygiene protocol to be strictly followed at all times.
• District Magistrate may enforce stricter measures including complete lockdowns in their Districts after assessment of local situation.
• Flights to Kolkata from high COVID prevalence cities (Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Chennai and Ahmedabad) are suspended till 15th August, 2020.
Source: Government of West Bengal