The District Magistrate of East Khasi Hills District has promulgated an Order under Section 144 of the CrPC to implement “Night Curfew” between 9:00 pm to 5:00 am in the East Khasi Hills District since 14th September upto 21st September, 2020.
Curfew passes will need to be obtained via online application at eastkhasihills.gov.in.
The Night Curfew Order will not be applicable to the following –
1. Security Forces;
2. Medical Teams and officials on COVID-19 duty;
3. Wholesale and Retail Pharmacies;
4. Police and Armed Forces;
5. Fire & Emergency Service;
6. MeECL, NEEPCO & Power Grid;
7. FCI vehicles;
8. Officers and Staff of Corona Care Centres;
9. Information & Public Relations Department;
10. National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL).
In addition to this, movement of vehicles carrying essential goods, security forces, medical equipments and shops for repair of trucks on highways are exempted. However, drivers and attendants of the vehicles will have to be screened as per protocols.
All services which are exempted will have to comply with all protocols and procedures including social distancing, limiting of field staff to the barest minimum and other advisories of Government in the Health and Family Welfare Department. However, exemptions granted to all these services will not extend to Containment Zones (Annexure-I – list of Containment Zones).