The Ministry of Labour and Employment has now issued the Draft Code on Social Security (Central) Rules, 2020 (“Draft Rules”).
Objections and suggestions, if any, may be addressed to Shri Rahul Bhagat, Director, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Room No.302, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28.12.2020.
In exercise of the powers conferred under the Code on Social Security, 2020, the Draft Rules proposes to repeal the following enactments:
- Employees’ State Insurance (Central) Rules, 1950;
- Tribunal (Procedure) Rules, 1997;
- Employees’ Provident Funds Appellate Tribunal(Conditions of Service) Rules, 1997;
- Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Rules, 1960;
- Maternity Benefit (Mines and Circus) Rules, 1963;
- Payment of Gratuity (Central) Rules, 1972;
- Cine-Workers Welfare Fund Rules, 1984;
- Building and Other Constructions Workers’ Welfare Cess Rules, 1998; and
- Unorganised Workers’ Social Security Rules, 2009