The Government of Haryana has notified that individuals who are authorised users of the enterprise for operating the Haryana Udhyam Memorandum Portal (“HUM portal”) as well as the labour / employees engaged in an enterprise, desirous of obtaining HUM identity (for the enterprise), for eligibility to receive benefits under any scheme of the Government, have to furnish proof of possession of the Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
The HUM portal provides a unique identity to all enterprises in the State of Haryana, which will serve the following purposes:
1) HUM identity number will be required for all enterprises, whether shops, Micro, Small and Medium enterprises (MSMEs), as also, large and mega industries;
2) HUM identity number will form the basis for permits, licenses and services will be given to the enterprises by Departments of the Government of Haryana;
3) HUM portal will enable registration of labour engaged by the enterprises, for purposes of enforcement of labour laws; and
4) HUM database of the enterprise, for labour will be used for providing welfare benefits/financial assistance, during times of crisis.
However, till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individuals of the enterprises, such individuals may be required to produce any one of the following documents (in addition to the Aadhar Enrolment Identification slip, if he has already been enrolled for Aadhar):
1) Bank or Post Office Passbook with photo;
2) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card;
4) Voter Identity Card;
5) Certificate of identity having photo of such person issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or
6) Any other document, as specified by the Citizen Resources Information Department, Government of Haryana.
In all cases, where Aadhaar authentication fails due to poor biometrics of the beneficiaries or due to any other reason, the following remedial mechanisms will be adopted:
1) In case of poor fingerprint quality, iris scan or face authentication facility will be adopted for authentication;
2) In case the biometric authentication through fingerprints or iris scan or face authentication is not successful, wherever feasible and admissible, authentication by Aadhaar One Time Password or Time-based One-Time Password with limited time validity, as the case may be, will be offered;
3) In all other cases where biometric or Aadhaar One Time Password or Time-based One-Time Password authentication is not possible, benefits under the various schemes may be given on the basis of physical Aadhaar letters whose authenticity can be verified through the Quick Response code printed on the Aadhaar letter and the necessary arrangement of Quick Response code reader will be provided at convenient locations by the Citizen Resources Information Department, Government of Haryana, through its Implementing Agency.