In the wake of the sudden rise in COVID-19 cases, Punjab Government has issued additional directions with regard to restrictions in Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Patiala, with effect since 18th August, 2020.
Some points to note –
1. Movement of individuals for all non-essential activities has been prohibited between 9 pm to 5 am till further orders, within the municipal limits of all cities in Punjab;
2. Industries operating 2-3 shifts have been permitted to operate;
Note: Essential activities such as movement of persons and goods on national and State highways, unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and aeroplanes have been permitted;
3. Restaurants, hotels and other hospitality units may remain open till 8:30 pm. Also, shops and shopping malls may remain open till 8 pm. Restaurants / hotels situated within shopping malls and liquor vends have been permitted to remain open till 8:30 pm;
4. Shops other than those dealing in essential commodities and shopping malls will remain closed on Sundays. In addition to this, shops (other than those dealing in essential commodities) and shopping malls in 3 cities of Ludhiana, Patiala and Jalandhar will also remain closed on Saturdays till further orders;
5. Individuals to avoid unnecessary travel on Saturdays and Sundays in Ludhiana, Patiala and Jalandhar.