The Government of Karnataka, in an Order dated 30th June, 2020, has issued Guidelines for Unlock 2, in order to resume / re-open more activities in a calibrated manner. These guidelines are effective immediately and will be in force till 31st July, 2020.
1. Activities prohibited during Unlock 2 period:
i. Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions. Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
ii. International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
iii. Metro Rail.
iv. Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
v. Social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions and other large congregations.
Note: Domestic flights and passenger trains have been allowed in a limited manner. Their operations will be permitted in a calibrated manner as per Ministry of Civil Aviation and Ministry of Railways
2. Night Curfew:
Movement of individuals will remain strictly prohibited between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. throughout the State, except for essential activities, including operation of industrial units in multiple shifts, movement of persons and goods on National and State Highway / major district roads, loading and unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and airplanes.
3. Sunday Lockdown:
There will be complete lockdown on Sundays with effect from 5th July, 2020, followed by next four Sundays till 2nd August, 2020. However, the essential activities permitted during night curfew will be permitted during the Sunday lockdown.
4. Government Offices/ Boards and Corporations, except those operating and maintaining essential services to remain closed on all Saturdays till second week of August, 2020, in addition to existing holidays on 2nd and 4th Saturdays.
5. Lockdown will continue to remain in force in the Containment Zones till such time as is necessary as per the existing guidelines regarding Containment Zones. Only essential activities will be allowed in Containment Zones. The Containment Zones will be notified on the websites by the Commissioner, BBMP/ respective Deputy Commissioners / concerned Departments and information will be shared with MoHFW.
6. There will be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods. No separate permission/approval/e-permit will be required for such movement. However, people coming into the State of Karnataka from other States shall strictly adhere to the prevailing Guidelines/SOPs issued by Department of Health and Family Welfare and Revenue Department, Government of Karnataka.
7. Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
8. Use of Aarogya Setu app:
i. Employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
ii. District authorities may advise individuals to install the Aarogya Setu application on compatible mobile phones and regularly update their health status on the app.
9. National Directives for COVID-19 management (under Annexure I of the Order):
i. Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during transport. Fine of Rs. 200/- in Municipal Corporation areas and Rs. 100/- in other areas will be imposed for not wearing face cover as required.
ii. Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2 gazki doori) in public places.
iii. Spitting in public places will be punishable with fine.
iv. Consumption of liquor, pan, gutka, tobacco, etc. in public places is prohibited.
10. Additional directives for workplaces (under Annexure I of the Order):
i. As far as possible, the practice of work-from-home should be followed.
ii. Staggering of work/business hours will be followed in offices, work places, shops, markets and industrial and commercial establishments.
iii. Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at aII entry and exit points and common areas.
iv. Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities and all points which came into human contact, like door handles, etc., will be ensured, including between shifts.
v. All persons in charge of workplaces will ensure adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc., for the purpose of social distancing.
Source: Government of Karnataka