The Government of Rajasthan (“Government”) has amended the Rajasthan Epidemic Disease, COVID-19 Regulations, 2020 (“Regulation”) to introduce the following:
1. In-charge of the workplace to maintain staggering of work / business hours, frequently sanitize the workplace and maintain social distancing at the workplace;
2. All persons to wear face mask or face cover (nose and mouth covered properly) in public transport such as Auto, Cab, Rickshaw, Bus, Train etc.
The fine for not following staggered work / business hours or not sanitizing the workplace frequently or not maintaining social distancing at the workplace been set at Rs. 10,000 /- in a Notification dated 27th July, 2020. The State Government has authorized the General Manager of the District Industry Centres and Unit Head of RIICO within their jurisdiction to collect such fine.
In addition to the above-mentioned, the Government has also introduced fines for offences with regard to violation of COVID-19 guidelines –
1. For not wearing face mask or face cover (nose and mouth covered properly) in public place or workplace – Rs. 200;
2. Shopkeepers selling items to a person not wearing face mask or face cover – Rs. 500;
3. Any person found spitting in public place – Rs. 200;
4. Any person consuming liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco in public place – Rs. 500;
5. Any person not maintaining social distancing (minimum 6 feet from other person) in public place – Rs. 100;
6. Organizing any marriage related function or gathering without prior information in writing to the Sub-Divisional Magistrate or not maintaining social distancing during that function – Rs. 5000;
7. Organizing any marriage related function and having more than 50 persons – Rs. 10000;
8. In charge of the workplace not following staggering of work / business hours or not sanitizing the workplace frequently or not ensuring social distancing at work place – Rs. 10000.
Source: Government of Rajasthan