In light of the situation caused due to COVID-19, the West Bengal Government has extended lockdown in the Containment Zones of the State till 30th September, 2020.
Earlier lockdown guidelines were effective till 31st August, 2020. With the present Order, lockdown is being extended with certain restrictions and relaxations.
Additional Activities Permitted:
1. Open air theatres may operate with effect from 21st September, 2020 with necessary permission from local authorities.
2. Metro Rail permitted to operate in a graded manner with effect from 08th September, 2020.
The following activities remain prohibited throughout the State till 30th September, 2020:
1. Schools, ICDS centers, colleges, educational / training / coaching institutions etc.
2. Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks and theatres.
3. Gatherings and congregations as mentioned in State Government order No. 285-CS/2020 dated 30/07/2020.
Complete Lockdown on 7th, 11th and 12th September:
The State Government has re-iterated that complete lockdown will be implemented on 7th, 11th and 12th September. On these dates, all government and private offices; commercial establishments; public and private transport including passenger train and passenger flight movements will remain completely closed.
The following will be exempt from complete lockdown:
a. E-Commerce, capital and debt market services as notified by RBI.
b. Print, electronic media and social media;
c. Intra-State, inter-State and cross border movement of goods;
d. Continuous process industries and industries with in-house workers;
e. Health services including movement of health personnel/ patients by public and private transport;
f. Medicine shops and pharmacies;
g. Law and order, courts, correctional services, fire and emergency services;
h. Electricity, water and conservancy services;
i. Agriculture operations; Tea Garden operations in field.
j. Home delivery of cooked food.
2. Containment Zones will be demarcated by district authorities with strict perimeter control and strict enforcement of containment measures as per the standard protocol. District Magistrates on assessment of local situation may enforce stricter containment measures in their districts.
3. Norms of physical distancing, wearing of masks, health and hygiene protocol must be strictly adhered to at all times.
For a detailed read, please refer to the appended Order.
Source: Government of West Bengal