West Bengal Government in an Order dated July 21, 2020 has announced that the entire state will be under total lockdown for two days every week starting this week.
As per the Order, State-wide lockdown will be observed on Thursday, July 23 2020; Saturday, July 25 2020 and Wednesday, July 29 2020 from 6 am to 10 pm on each day.
|What will be locked during these days?||What will remain open during these days?|
|All government and private offices, commercial establishments, public and private transport and all activities which are not covered under the exceptions given alongside
|1. Health services including movement of health personnel/patients by public and private transport
2. Medicine shops and pharmacies
3. Law and order, courts, correctional services, fire and emergency services
4. Electricity, water and conservancy services
5. Continuous process industries and Industries with in-house workers
6. Agriculture operations; Tea Garden operations in field
7. Intrastate and interstate movement of goods
8. E-Commerce; Capital and debt market services as notified by SEBI
9. Print, electronic media and social media
10. Home delivery of cooked food
The Order reiterates that norms of physical distancing, wearing of mask and the health and hygiene protocol must be strictly adhered to at all times.
The previous orders prohibiting movement of individuals between 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM will continue to remain in force except for essential and emergency activities listed above.
Source: West Bengal Government