The Additional Chief Secretary, West Bengal Government (“Government”) has notified strict lockdown along with the following containment policies and practices for rigorous implementation in areas constituting ‘broad-based Containment Zones’, effective from 9th July, 2020:
- All offices, government and private, will remain closed in these areas. Residents of these containment zones will be exempted and prohibited from attending government and private offices and their movement will be strictly regulated;
- All non-essential activities will be prohibited;
- All congregations will be prohibited;
- All transportation will be prohibited;
- All marketing / industrial / trading activities will be closed
Furthermore, the Government has clarified that the current concept of Containment Zones will be combined with the concept of Buffer Zones and together they will constitute a revised and broad-based Containment Zone approach.
The Government has also ordered local authorities to make home delivery arrangements for the residents of such broad-based Containment Zones.
Please refer to the appended document for further details.
Source: West Bengal Government